Monday, October 1, 2007

You heard me, LIFE IS UNFAIR!

I have never been one to complain. Never, until today.

Because I did not know, until today, that Josh Groban will be coming to the Philippines two weeks from now (October 16 and 17 ata). After googling the details in the Internet, my heart raced and sank. I got excited and disheartened
almost at the same time.

While it is true that he will be coming to Manila, his concert on the first day is BY INVITATION ONLY. If you are neither a VIP nor a SMART Infinity subscriber by October 16, there is no chance in hell you will see Josh on that day. Before you begin to think that you might have your chance on the second day, the pricing of the concert tickets (Php 3k to 20k) should suck any hope left in you of seeing him in person. At least it did for me for I do not and will not have an extra three thousand between today and the 16th to spare for Josh Groban no matter how much I love him. The price tickets are just way too steep AND scandalous!

WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE THE JOSH GROBAN CONCERT SHOULD ONLY BE FOR RICH PEOPLE?!?

Ever since bata ako I hated those foreign artists who guest on local noontime shows, utter in a heavily accented voice "mahal ko kayo", sing their most popular song, and, once more, say "mahal ko kayo" (again, in that heavily accented voice!). I found them cheap and I found the gimmick stupid.

BUT NOW, I find myself wishing na sana patulan ni Josh Groban ang ganung gimmick just so I can hear him sing LIVE kasi, I swear, I will really go to Eat Bulaga just to see him. Cheap na kung cheap!

I had a crush on Josh way before his ex-girlfriend, January Jones, even heard of him, and WAY BEFORE he became Oprah and Ellen Degeneres' favorite. I ALREADY LOVE HIM WAY BACK when he guested in an Ally McBeal Episode and had to play the geeky guy who couldn't get a date.

Also, I have been a loyal SMART subscriber way before digital cellular phones became vogue. I stuck by SMART even when SUN CELLULAR practically handed out free cellphones and air time to those who did as little as avail their trial subscription. I never so much as checked out the "charging per second" promo of Globe even when I thought that SMART should be fair to its customers and do the same thing. I have also always always paid my bills on time.

Despite my proven loyalty (to both Josh and SMART), I will not be able to see Josh Groban in person because ang bottom line, estudyante lang ako living on an allowance. Wala akong ganon kalaking pera to burn for a two hour concert.

Mr. Manny Pangilinan, please tell me if that's fair!


P.S.

If any of you would like to change my view about life, please do any of the two things:

1. Give me at least three thousand pesos para makabili ng ticket; OR if you love me enough...
2. Enroll in a SMART Infinity plan between now until the 15th para maging entitled to the two free tickets.

Ang dali 'di ba?!?

No comments: